So I have been nominated for a very interesting writing challenge by Impeccable’mua. I adore her blog. It is so so so interesting and her thoughts are beautiful. She is an intelligent blogger and a mother to a beautiful baby 🙂 Please do visit her amazing blog. This post sure has been long due!
The concept of free style writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar. .
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
1) Open an MS Word document
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3) You topic is at the foot of this post. But do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with the timer
4) Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD.
5) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
6) At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My Topic – WATCHING TV
TV today has become a common household matter. It is surprising to see how people are addicted to it. It has both positive and negative aspects . wherein in positive, we may consider it as a good source of knowledge. We have channels that educate you, such as fox life , discovery, national geographic , history etc. So whilst sitting at home, I am able to travel all over the world and enjoy all sorts of cuisine. Alhamdulillah.
However, I see that today it is more of a vice. In the Indian scenario, mostly people today are addicted to daily soaps. They are rightly called soaps for all they do is brainwashing. Women are stereotyped in it and no matter how the plot begins, it eventually reaches a stage where the vamo wants revenge from the main protagonist and is after her life all day.
On the other hand, we also have news channels which are good to watch and the media also has its both pros and con’s. Depends on what you watch. Today we see that media has a major role in framing our thoghtb process. Thi, the world today is a global community. No country is really far.
However I feel the quality of life has come down. People have become couch potatoes and do not interact with their folks. Which is sad because it affects relations and harms our social skulks. We need to lean how to get off the addiction and
Hey! It was fun. I must admit there were at least 5-8 more spelling errors which MS Word auto-corrected. Good try 🙂
My Nominees are
1) The Revert Miyabhai– because I love you
2) Just Bliss– a beautiful author with many amazing tales to share and a beautiful take on life. I have a lot of love and respect for her
3) Christal Blogs- my new found sister and friend in Islam. A revert to Islam and very wise with a lot of intelligent words to share.
4) Striving Muslimah – a sweet angel she is and her blog is a collection of brilliant articles
5) Khamosh dhadkanen – now her poetry is class apart. A beautiful poetess and even better a person, a mother and sister to me 🙂
Looking forward to your posts. Do tag me once done. Oh and your topic. Your topic is “To be a practising Muslimah“