Yay yay yay! Liebster it is again. My dear friend, sister and co-blogger Shaqeena Rahim has nominated this one for me. Her blog is cool and made with absolute love. She is a fashion stylist and has a lot to share with you! Thank you so much for nominating me 🙂
I am overwhelmed and very excited! As I have told a number of times, I enjoy getting nominated so this one too has made me very happy.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Why did you start blogging?
Out of complete boredom. College was over, was yet to find work, was scared , timid and had nothing to do. That’s how I penned down my first post. The response overwhelmed me and slowly I jotted down successive posts and published them. As time passed, I started enjoying it and now I blog seriously! 😀
What is your dream career?
Maybe doing something related to speaking and writing. Getting into dawah work or teaching deen. Before that of course I wish to perfect my knowledge of Islam. Maybe one day publish a book in shaa Allah.
Who is your inspiration?
These questions are making me think! I think the stories of sahabas inspire me a lot. The love they held for the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and their commitment towards Islam.
What would your dream writing office look like?
Wow that is a good question. Now that I sit and imagine. It is a flawless white room, (I would prefer it to be a study in my own house) with a lot of books arranged neatly in shelves. There is huge glass door that my table faces which opens into a beautiful unending green woods. It is a cool and airy room. A huge laptop/ desktop and a couple of notepads on the table.
Do you prefer to write in the morning, or at night?
I write whenever I am bored to the core! Haha. Most of my posts are a product of no work in office! I used to have so much time to think! After I get something to write, I used to simply laze in my workstation, type it out and post it.
Now since I am home, I type some at night before sleeping and some in the day when am done with my chores!
What is your favorite dessert?
I have a crazy sweet tooth. My friends actually bribe with sweets me to do errands! 😉 *embarrassed* I crave for all Indian sweets. Especially the ones that are milk based. So we have ras malai, halwas, gulab jamuns, jalebi, chamcham, rasgulla, kheer, kalakandh etc.!
Trust me there are at least 50 more in the list which I am unable to remember!
If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Mecca Mecca Mecca! After that… Take me for an African wildlife Safari!
What is your guilty pleasure?
Food and sleep. I am a sleepaholic. I can sleep too much!
High heels or flat shoe?
If you were to be a color, what color would you be?
I would be a rainbow! 😀
When I wish, wish large! Why choose 1 when there are so many. I love colours
Especially bright and vibrant shades. They simply make you happy. So whether it is walls, curtains, sheets or clothes I like it bright and simple.
Describe your style in 3 words.
SIMPLE with a smile….
Amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed answering them. Now I have to tell 11 random facts about myself. They are going to be really random. So much that as I am typing this statement, I do not know what my first fact should be. Here we go…..
1) I ……. (5minutes passed)
I am enjoying being off work, at home and being lazy.
2) I surprise myself each time I write an emotional blog. My friends who know me personally wonder what part of me writes them. I am funnier, happier and wittier than what my blog represents me to be. Or so I believe (Alhamdulillah)
3) I am in search of the perfect groom. 😛 though I am not really looking
4) I have no clue about where life is going and what I want in life. The most zombie headed person I am I guess. Neither do I have a firm plan. Yes I am 23 and clueless
5) I have a handful of friends whom I love and cherish.
6) I eat according to my whims. I hate it when I want to eat less, there are eyes staring my platter to comment that I am dieting. Also I hate it when I reach out for that butter naan and there’s a gasp about me having so much butter! The one time I ate triple the quantity biryani in office, it was news amongst my peers for a long time. Ha ha. I just wish that people let me eat without comments. haha. Wish I could be invisible while eating.
7) I spend a lot of time on my phone. Sometimes it is excess. Many are mistaken that I am WhatsApp/ Chatting all the time. The fact is most of the time I am either reading something (a blog, an islamic ruling, a story, a problem, a research, an indian law, self help pages, a story, a joke etc.) or I am writing something.
8) I cannot bear heat at all. I dislike summers to the core. That’s why I like being indoors all afternoon and cannot survive without a high speed fan 24×7. I keep the fan on even in winters!
9) I love staring outside my window. Just randomly for long.
10) I was acting like my mom today afternoon and annoying her. Reiterating her statements to her 😀 geeeee! “Offo.. 60 years old you are almost and still one plate you cannot keep properly!”
She tells this to me, “offfooo 25 year old you are now and one work you cannot do. I am tired of you!”. Haha. She could not suppress her laughter. Please note the addition of 2 years in age. I don’t understand why she does that.
11) I am more of a countryside person than a city person
QUESTIONS From ME
1) The one thing that you wish to achieve in your life? What is stopping you from getting it?
2) Who is the person closest to your heart and what is that one quality in him/her that you love the most? (Living person preferably)
3) One skill you wish you had and one thing you already have in yourself that you are proud of.
4) Do you consider yourself spiritual or moderately spiritual or not spiritual?
5) Your favourite blogger and why? You may name two so that I fit in too 😉
6) One thing about your country that you would like to change.
7) Your thought of an ideal life in this dunya.
8) Would you forgive someone who has immensely hurt you in exchange for him/ her being your neighbour in jannah?
9) The three most beautiful names that you have heard.
10) What is the genre you like to read?
11) The One question you hate answering. 😉
AND MY NOMINEES ARE…………
Congratulations! I look forward to your answers. Please accept and notify me when you post your Liebster!